Thursday, August 27, 2009

Curriculum and Jon and Kate

My curriculum wisdom is to stick w/ what you feel God is leading you to do. It will work out. Eventually. It may not feel good all the time, but it will work out.And it will feel right, deep down, it will feel right!

Something that doesn't feel right is the whole Jon and Kate mess. My own parents were divorced when I was about 9. My parents married young, had 3 kids in 2 years(me and then identical twin boys). They did their best but it didn't work.

Being the oldest child, my world was my mom and dad. When their marriage fell apart, part of me died inside. I was daddy's girl and mommy's little helper. Now I was lost...it was easier to believe that there was a bad parent who ran the good parent off than to consider that I was so unlovable that my parents couldn't both be there for me.

It has only been in the last few years that I have been strong enough to look with total honesty at my childhood. I love and like both my parents and stepparents, there wasn't a good one and a bad one at all. And I wasn't unlovable, that was just a childish reaction, although it felt very real.

So I did turn out ok in the end, so to speak. :)

I hope that Jon and Kate's kids(and Jon and Kate) don't have alot of pain to face when they get older. I hope someone is thinking about that now.

My parents were young and their choices were not meant to harm us, but were the best they knew to do at the time. I would say that all of the single parent families I know right now are doing the best they can.

Are Jon and Kate doing the best they can do? I hope so. I have a hard time believing that with all the resources they have available to them that this is the best they can do, but I hope so.

No comments: