Monday, January 12, 2009

So where have I been?

It has easier for me to come here and type out my opinions on curriculum than it is to share actual feelings. Actually, it took me a long time to even know what I liked,so expressing what works and why took me a long time to learn.

Curriculum was a good first place to start as I seemed to have writer's block.

These last few months(years, even) I have toggled between feeling depressed and feeling good again. Recently I have become determined to tackle these issues. I am doing counseling, medication, regular dr. visits the whole 9 yards. Instead of just letting my health issues and emotional struggles simmer unattended only to explode later, I am making the most honest, self-aware attempt that I have ever made.

The overeating for one thing. It's not about what kind of diet I need to do. It's about using the entertaining aspect of eating for something it is not intended. For the first time, I am really disciplining myself and denying myself.

I am doing the Cracking the Fat Loss code book and I think it is working. I still struggle and want to snack at night on popcorn or cereal, but am doing good so far.

No comments: