Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm not cut out for homeschooling

But God has other plans. I love to learn, I love sharing what I know, esp. w/ my kids. But I just don't seem to have the stamina, the organization that I think one should have to homeschool.

When we found out about dyslexia, dysgraphia and a whole host of other challenges. I gave up on homeschooling and felt darn good about it!

But God...
Long story short, school didnt' work out and I don't mean in a small way. In a huge, no-doubt-left-in-your-mind-way that makes it clear this is not an option.

So here we are. Why do I say these negative things about myself???!

I think people should know that you don't have to be perfect(or anywhere near it, apparantly!) to homeschool.

Or to do anything else that God calls you to do, that on your own, you just can't do.

I am not saying that God always calls you to do something that seems impossible, but when He does, He gets all the glory, because you know it certainly wasn't YOU!

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Absolutely! Great post!

~Luke

Jennifer Sr. said...

After I replied to your comment, of course I clicked on your name. Imagine my surprise when I saw your last name!!!

For my handful of loyal readers, the homeschool curriculum I currently use is called Sonlight. John and Sarita Holzmann started the company(Sarita is the president and I know at least some of their children work w/ them). It is an outstanding company, esp. in the way of customer service.

When I clicked on Luke's name, I was tickled to see his full name on his profile page: Luke Holzmann!!