Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh boy...

Today was some kind of day, I must tell ya. First of all I am not feeling 100%. My stomach has really been giving me trouble and I have had alot of acid reflux.I am not sure why. Maybe that is why I slept incredibly late, which is always a bad way to start the day...

I decided to let my time4learning membership lapse for awhile to spend time using Sonlight again and to wait for our income tax refund. So today was our first day using SL again. I really love the special moments we share reading books together. Plus, memorizing bible verses is just good for ya and doing Geography songs is such an easy way to learn. Plus it impresses the heck out of people! For the first time in my life I actually am learning countries and where they are!!!

I was actually so excited to try SL again after being refreshed doing t4l for a month.

For whatever reason my special needs son J, who is 10, Maybe I will call him J10. That kinda sounds like a robot. Oh well, I'll have to think about it then...

Anyway, he has been "off" lately, after doing so well that I forget there is anything wrong w/ him at all. Today he was so irritable at every turn. Plus he thrives on routine and we are changing it, so that was something there. But if he was doing good, he would just complain about change, not completely melt down.

So instead of taking turns at the computer, our day was full of not finding books and not putting books back on the shelf, waiting for everyone to come together so I could read. Interupting the reading, so I could scold someone for leaving the room...

Actually my excitement began to wane while I was looking over things this weekend in preparation. I love SL, but I just can't quite get a handle on it...

Tomrrow has to be better, right?

No comments: